Brand New pool owner needs help with water readin

Aug 25, 2016
Mississauga
Hi all,
We got our pool opened on Aug 19 and have been able to use it for 3 weekends so far. It's been a great experience owning a pool and finding new friends..lol..I got our reading for the pool and it looks like this.
Fc 3.71
Tc 3.71
Cc 0
PH 8.2
Hardness 206 ppm
Alkalinity 99 ppm
Cyanuric acid 15 ppm
Copper .1ppm
Iron .4 ppm
Phosphate 378 ppb

Do these numbers look okay. The pool is 3 ft to 5 ft deep.

Hey there Vikibhar :) Glad you're enjoying the new pool. How exactly are you obtaining these test results? Do you have your own kit?

Your pH is entirely too high... you need to use some muriatic acid to lower it.

Your stabilizer appears too low....but it's rare to get a test to read that low so I don't know if I trust it? Do you find your FC depleted each day? Does it go down to zero on sunny days? How does your water look? How long do you run your SWG & pump each day at what %?

Lots of iron and copper... did you fill from a well? Have you added any copper containing algaecides?

Here is something for reference from Pool School --> Pool School - Recommended Levels

I got the results after I took the sample to a nearby pool store. They asked me to put 2.5 kg of pH down which I did yesterday. I run the SWG all day since I got the pool and it's at 50%. The water is absolutely clear and I haven't taken the FC readings daily. The water was initially filled with 4 water trucks and since then I have used garden hose to keep the water level up. My pump is running daily non stop at 40% and when the heater turns on it runs at 60%

We have been using the pool a lot and kids have been in and out if the pool pretty much every day and it has been a great Canadian summer. Have only put the hose in probably 4 times since mid Aug to bring the level up due to evaporation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.