Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leak in pool pump housing?

1. Back To Top    #1

Wilmington, NC

Leak in pool pump housing?

I am posting a picture of my pump housing to show where water is leaking out. There is a glob of marine putty where I attempted to seal what seemed like a pinhole. That lasted about 3 weeks! You can see where the water is dripping down and I also noticed a pool of water up near wear the white pipe is coming into the housing. Can anyone tell what part I am looking at trying to replace? Also good place to purchase online or pool store?
    Thank you for your time and advice!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    Berkeley Heights, NJ

Re: Leak in pool pump housing?

Went through a similar exercise (although my leak was at the bottom) and this is what I would do (I am a first year owner so I am sure others have more insightful comments):
    1. for the "pinhole" - you may have worn-out seals (connected to your impeller) and replace them (you can search youtube and that's what I did) I bought my parts on Amazon - : Pool Pump O-ring Seal Repair Kit For Hayward Super Pump SP2600, 1600, 2600X Kit 3 : Swimming Pool And Spa Parts And Accessories : Patio, Lawn Garden
    2. AND replace the gasket that comes with the kit
    3. as for the "top" - I am having a same issue with my polaris pump pipes and going to removed / reinstall / reglue - I am going to do some research on this
    25,000 Gal, in-ground w/ vinyl liner
    Hayward 1.5 HP pump / DE filter (4820)
    Aqua Rite SWG / T-CELL-9 (v1.5)
    Polaris 380 / Aqua Heat Pump (S95)
    TF-100 Test Kit with Speedstir