Florida pools and safety rails? do you have one

boutselis

Bronze Supporter
Aug 30, 2016
palm bay fl
I don't have one at the main steps. there is one next to a little swim up platform (not sure what its called) by the deep end. I was told its not necessary or needed by code because of the little platform I have.

I want to cut it out. Do any of you have safety rails? Is it code to have one

Can I just try to sway you on this in hopes you'll consider it- I'm not *that* old, certainly younger than Skippy (yay!) and had been pretty fit. But I injured my knee and had to deal with a longggggg time of pain and decreased movement in the knee until I had a total knee replacement. I really ended up needing that hand rail to guide me safely into the pool down the steps.

I guess all I'm saying is that you never know when you too may need a little assistance, even short term.... and it might not be as easy to put one in down the road.

How about something more artsy- Artisan Series Hand Rail (ART-1005) - S.R. Smith Products
Yippee :flower:

That is an excellent point. the thing is my rail is not at the pool steps. In the deep end there is a tiny plat form. Like a little swim up bench under the water. that is where the rail is.

I see your point about a rail at the stairs/entrance. If there was already one there I'd probably leave it. Would be helpful in years to come (assuming I don't die of a heart attack while renovating my pool)
I probably didn't form my question correctly to point out its position. I guess its there if some one has some trouble because they cant stand up but if you couldn't get on the little bench the rail would be useless to you as its up high. Guess I need a picture

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.