Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Agp and vacuuming?

1. Back To Top    #1

Agp and vacuuming?

Sorry I posted this in the wrong place so here I go again...

I'm in the process of SLAMing my 9500 gal-ish Intex metal frame pool.

Long story short, I had some major surgery this summer and the backup helpers didn't keep as close a watch on things and then it rained for probably a week straight, so algae got a little crazy!

Water is finally blue again instead of army green, but very cloudy, so the SLAM is marching on. When I brush there's lots of debris that comes up from the bottom that I can't see (leaves, etc). I have a hose-attached vacuum but it doesn't have a long handle and I'm not getting in there with it!! How do I get that junk out? Should I stop the pump so it will settle to the bottom and I can scoop it out? I attached a skimmer that has done a GREAT job of clearing the surface but all the past neglect means the bottom still has lots of stuff. (I have a great test kit and am using pool math btw)
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just getting started! Inground freeform gunite pool, 17x32, 3.5-5ft depth, SWCG, French Grey mini pebble Stonescapes, NPT Arctic Lagoon glass tile, raised wall with 3 sheers, Polaris robotic cleaner, Cartridge filter, 550 sqft concrete/Kool-dek; Dig to begin 10/2017!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Agp and vacuuming?

A pole with a scooping bag on it is your friend.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Agp and vacuuming?

Oh I was hoping you'd say that! I have that. Should I let it settle or just keep scooping while the pump is running?

Just getting started! Inground freeform gunite pool, 17x32, 3.5-5ft depth, SWCG, French Grey mini pebble Stonescapes, NPT Arctic Lagoon glass tile, raised wall with 3 sheers, Polaris robotic cleaner, Cartridge filter, 550 sqft concrete/Kool-dek; Dig to begin 10/2017!