thinking about getting a ester williams millennium

Jun 5, 2009
I am thinking about getting a oval Ester Williams millennium and burring one side, this is quite expensive , I got a quote ona champlain buried at 17000 a bit much, I think the ester will come in around 8000, the salesman claims this pool will not collapse when there is no water in it, anyone have a ester Williams? Any advice?

A salesman that tells you it will not collapse if there is no water in it???? I would not believe that for a second unless the pool is made with concrete and rebar, especially if you plan to bury it. Dennis gives very good tips on burying a pool - find some of his posts on Burying an AGP. Burying a pool is a very particular process and you must go to great lengths to insure that the pool will not collapse from the weight of the earth/ground on the buried side, especially if it should rain as the wet ground will be of a much greater force on that side of the pool - without water pressure on the inside to stablilize or push back, the wall would in fact collapse - an Esther Williams pool is of good quality, but not made so much differently than every other AGP wherin the materials can withstand that much force. I think your salesman is stretching the truth to make a sale -

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.