Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In Floor Cleaner Water Valve Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Round Rock/Texas

Cool In Floor Cleaner Water Valve Question

I have an A & A infloor cleaning system. The water valve is buried about 2 feet below our waterfall. I would like to move it to ground level which will be about 2 to 3 feet above the surface of the pool water level. Will this cause me problems due to water hydraulics?

I have an inground pool that is approximately 30 feet by 40 feet in an irregular shape with water fall on one side. Approximately 25k gallons. Gunnite. Has inground cleaning system that is 20 years old and not working. Modification was done at the venturi type skimmer to use a Polaris 360. Pecan trees all over pool so inground cleaner is not feasible even if it was working.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: In Floor Cleaner Water Valve Question

The only effect it might have is due to any extra head loss for the new plumbing but that should be very minimal. So it shouldn't really affect performance.
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner