ratchet or lashing strap?

Ratcheting straps have mechanical means of tightening and holding tension by means of a sort of gear and tooth, with slack being taken by a handle reeling up the extra. I picture Lashing straps as having less mechanism involved with slack being adjusted by buckles, but I think some people refer to ratchet type as lashing straps interchangeably. Down here we just call them ratchets. I cant quite understand how you are using this loop lock cover from the description as there are usually studs protruding from the deck to which the straps are stretched too, and hooked on, with the covers being made to fit. If you just need the extension because your straps are too short, ratchet straps should work. Just be mindful not to over do it, because you can exert a lot of tension with them.

Thanks Patrick! The patio around the pool is brick and then they put a sand inbetween and when wet it will turn to a cement like filler so I cannot put the aluminum stakes for the cover close where they should be in part of the area. So I need to put some stakes quite a ways away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.