Do I need to shock?

It seemed like every time I did the FAS-DPD test I couldn't tell if my CC was .5 or 1 - so I decided to try the test with a 25ml sample. Here were my results:

pH -7.6
CYA - 70
FC - 6
CC - .8

I didn't do TA today but last it was 100 a couple days ago.

Two questions:

1. Is it fine that my FC is a little higher than recommended for my CYA?
2. Do I need to shock at a CC of .8? I thinks it's been hovering at that for a while now.

I just have to say, I love this site :lovetfp:I find myself constantly on here just trying to learn and understand more. My pool looks perfect and everyone here is so nice and helpful. My hubby makes fun of me because I love using my new test kit LOL I'm actually about to go outside and get a sample to run a full set of tests now!!

It is safe to swim with FC above minimum and up to shock level for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA], so don't be nervous at all about running FC a couple of ppm higher if you are seeing a little CC. Raising FC up to halfway between target and shock level will help clear up whatever is causing the CC.

Thank you pooldv- I actually unintentionally raised it a bit in the past couple of days. I changed my SWG from 4 to 5 hours a day thinking I would need it because of the warm weather, but turns out I didn't. I just finished testing and here's what it was tonight:

pH 7.6
FC 8 - a little higher than the 5 I need for my CYA
CC 0
TA 110
CYA 60
CH 25
Salt 3400

Thanks again for the info, I'd rather throw in some bleach and have it be totally clean than run the risk of anything icky being in the water!! Especially knowing that it's still safe to swim with high FC. :kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.