Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: skimmers

1. Back To Top    #1

skimmers

Hi
    I have just moved from a overflow pool to a skimmer pool, thus I am a tad inexperienced. When I run the pool the filter area on the pump does not fill to the top and air is sucked in. If I then turn the valve to the main drain all is fine. Can anyone suggest a reason for the poor water flow at the skimmers. The water level is aprox half way up the skimmer.

Thanks
    Ian
    Living in Cyprus
    In ground overflow pool tiled 12m X 4m 19507 Us gals 16243 Imp gals
    1 Kw motor 15 cu m per min Sand filter
    I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel but it was just some PERSON with a torch walking toward me.
    I started out in life with nothing and I still have most of it left.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: skimmers

Check to make sure the weirs aren't stuck and can move freely. Also, make sure the baskets are clean.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: skimmers

Thanks
    Checked the weirs, just found out what they are, one sticking, fixed, cleaned baskets, filter at the pump fitted incorrectly, fixed. Seams to work OK Thanks for your input.
    Living in Cyprus
    In ground overflow pool tiled 12m X 4m 19507 Us gals 16243 Imp gals
    1 Kw motor 15 cu m per min Sand filter
    I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel but it was just some PERSON with a torch walking toward me.
    I started out in life with nothing and I still have most of it left.