Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Marriage New House New Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

New Marriage New House New Pool

My husband and I had a whirlwind 2016...married in May, closed on our house in August and the house came with a 25,000 gallon in ground pool with Pentair DE filter. We love it and cleaning our pool has become a favorite household chore. We are looking to get away from the local pool store and do more thugs ourselves and that is why I joined tonight!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Marriage New House New Pool

Welcome! Any pics of the pool?
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

HI Jenn,
    Congratulations and welcoeme to TFP!

Please do us a favor, and get yourself a reliable test kit. It will be THE BEST investment you can possibly make for your swimming pool and your enjoyment of it. We here at TFP recommend the TF100 test kit. Its the best on the market and unlike many others, contains more of the testing regents that a pool owner uses the most. Available at TFTestkits.net

Next, start with Pool School and read read read! And feel free to ask any questions you have. We are all happy to help.
    Oh yeah, and play around with POOL MATCH too. It's an invaluable tool in determing how much of something to add to your pool.

Quote Originally Posted by JennYocca816 View Post
    My husband and I had a whirlwind 2016...married in May, closed on our house in August and the house came with a 25,000 gallon in ground pool with Pentair DE filter. We love it and cleaning our pool has become a favorite household chore. We are looking to get away from the local pool store and do more thugs ourselves and that is why I joined tonight!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Well dang Jenn.... leave the "thugs" alone and go swimmin! LOL

What a fun year this has been, huh? Welcome to TFP. We were all new pool owners at one time or another. We'll be here to help in any way we can.

Has anyone hustled you yet for pics?? If not.. well.. hehehehe..we *love* pics of pools. Go ahead and feed our craving if you can, 'k?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain