Viking Pool Crack

We're well down the fibreglass pool path for either this fall or next spring.

What errors did they make on install? Didn't pack stairs properly? Didn't take their time doing water fill and backfill together?

Van G

Good questions. I will say that this thread was not meant to dissuade anyone from getting a fiberglass pool. Any pool type will not do well if it isn't properly installed or built. In fact, if I had it to do over I would still choose fiberglass. I just like the look and feel of it personally and it is easy take care of. And under normal circumstances very little maintenance.

The main error was using sand as backfill. Everything that I have read since then says that gravel is a better backfill option because it does not shift like sand does. They had to "reset" the pool like 6 or 8 times because they couldn't get it level and due to excessive rain, which sounds like not their fault, but when you take 2 months to set a pool it is eventually going to rain.

And the pool was never level, they used the cantilever edge to hide that fact. It's off by about 2"

hmmm Two leaks at opposite ends of the pool ends of the pool right where the sidewall hits the floor. hummmmmm Wonder where the defect is. I will say no more.

Please, say more :) You won't hurt my feelings. The good news (if that's possible) is the first crack happened before the pool was set. The rain came and flooded the whole pool out of the hole. That's not normal, so I wasn't concerned about "defects". Now that the pool is set with decking and all, if I get another crack in the same spot we might have issues. Viking claims they would replace the shell (yeah right) if it comes to this

I have a viking pool too. 2 1/2 years. Completely satisfied. Pool installer used pea gravel and said they stopped using sand years ago for the shifting issues. Mime was level within 1/4 in first time it was lowered into the hole.
BTW thanks for the heads up on the warranty.
I hope everything turns out ok on this issue. Sounds to me that the installer is at fault.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I have a viking pool too. 2 1/2 years. Completely satisfied. Pool installer used pea gravel and said they stopped using sand years ago for the shifting issues. Mime was level within 1/4 in first time it was lowered into the hole.
BTW thanks for the heads up on the warranty.
I hope everything turns out ok on this issue. Sounds to me that the installer is at fault.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yes, no doubt an installer issue

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.