Worth upgrading equipment pad lines from 1.5 to 2"

I think that you have too much pump for your existing plumbing lines and probably bigger pump than you need for your pool if your don't have any water features. However I suspect you are fine assuming you always run your pump at relatively low speed.

Now if you are doing a major pool refurb, have the decking torn up, etc. then it may be worth it to upgrade your plumbing, add a couple of more returns, and maybe add another suction line and combine them together with larger pipes at the pad. Otherwise I would tend to say leave it.

Sid,

If your system is currently set up and running, I would not re-plumb, as I doubt there would be any advantage.

In my case, I had a couple of older pools where I wanted to add the ("too-much-pump") Intelliflo and IC40 SWG. In those cases, I updated the pad to 2" lines, just because the entire layout was changing and it made it easier to do. The lines back to the pool all remain 1.5". They seem to be working perfectly.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.