filter pump

Sep 8, 2016
Kilgore
We bought our neighbors intex above ground pool. it's the standard 15ft 4ft deep. We were able to get it set up without difficulty. it has a salt water pump as well. We are having issues with the filter pump. it turns on only for a few minutes than shuts off. We have reset it (which turns it back on for about 2 to 3 minutes) than shuts off again. we have released air from the pump several times, and I have fixed the skimmer to make sure it was not clogged or connected wrong. please help.

it sounds like the plug may need to be replaced. I had that this yr with out sand filter. if you change out the plug on the end, it'll no longer have that test and reset feature, but will still run properly. they wear out after a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Umm, I'm not sure if you should do that. The plug is a GFCI plug and the shut off is a safety feature. Hold on and let some of the more electrically minded folks show up here to talk to you about this.

Edit: Or at least replace with another GFCI plug.

I think you should post another thread and this time use "problem with GFCI plug on Intex pump" as your title.

That should get you more help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.