Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DIY Outdoor kitchen from Lowes Creative Ideas app

1. Back To Top    #1

DIY Outdoor kitchen from Lowes Creative Ideas app

Lowes had the build for this setup on their website, then all of a sudden, it disappeared from all existence. I managed to download the pdf of the cutlist, materials and assembly but the only trace of this project left are pictures on Pinterest.
    lowes diy outdoor kitchen.jpg

Anyone know if there was a liability issue with this build? It is a good looking plan. I am seriously considering building this winter/spring.
    14,000 gallon Fox Lagoon, ingound vinyl
    PacFab Sand filter
    installed April, 2002
    Frog inline chlorinator
    Town water

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: DIY Outdoor kitchen from Lowes Creative Ideas app

Certainly looks great I may do something like that if I can ever get my yard under control. I recently did an equipment pad enclosure using redwood fence boards nothing special about that but one thing I did I have never seen suggested was I belt sanded the fense boards to get the surface smoother than they were. They were a rough cut and kind of fuzzy to start with, the difference in appearance was supersizing, went from looking like a fence to more like furniture, similar to the the picture of that kitchen. The other thing I did was waterproofed each board before I built so when done all I had to do was brush the cut ends.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

3. Back To Top    #3

Maybe copyright issue if they stole the idea/plans or used parts Lowes doesn't carry. I would expect a retraction/warning if it was a safety issue.

4. Back To Top    #4

It was on Lowes Creative Ideas app, which used to be the magazine they mailed out. Everything in that build is a Lowes product.

Here is a link to the pdf.
    http://www.lowes.com/creative-ideas/...ct-Diagram.pdf

I'm not a Lowes salesman, so I'll apologize now for the link. I just wanted to show the parts list if anyone was interested.
    14,000 gallon Fox Lagoon, ingound vinyl
    PacFab Sand filter
    installed April, 2002
    Frog inline chlorinator
    Town water

5. Back To Top    #5

yeah, I've still got the magazine with the featured kitchen but the print magazine doesn't have anything more a couple of pics and a link (that's not available on archive.org) to their website for further instruction/videos. I had made a note that it looked like a nice build as well
    Build started 6/17. 33x23 free-form, IG, sport pool (approx 17k gallons). Plaster. SWG. Pentair CCP520, Pentair IF 3HP VSP (011018). Dolphin robot cleaner TDB