Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any experience with Sunwest Pools? Scratch Built Pool (block)

1. Back To Top    #1

Knoxville, TN

Question Any experience with Sunwest Pools? Scratch Built Pool (block)

Build your own pool wall

This (above) is what I'm referencing.

I am a pretty handy person who's VERY cheap. I want a pool, might even go above ground in a different situation, but I'm limited to an inground by setback requirements.

I like the idea of a concrete block pool, with a liner, but I've been wary because of the amount of block and need to fill the blocks with concrete. This style from Sunwest seems to be a short vertical wall solution- I'm not 100% sure if those blocks are even set in a mud bed. And they reference glued block instead of concrete filled. I'm assuming masonry glue.

I would just like to know if there's anyone out there who has dealt with this company and could give me some feedback. I hate to go in blind spending $600 on a starter kit if I can't get any validation that it's feasible.

Or if you've built a block wall liner pool using this shorter wall method, I'd love to hear about that too!

I have read the other threads on the site about block wall liner pools, and this is something different. I am hopeful that this might be a cheaper solution with a whole lot more DIY potential than the other methods discussed for DIY pools.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Any experience with Sunwest Pools? Scratch Built Pool (block)

This isn't a Sunwest pool build but one the forum owner here built and impressive as all get out! Worth looking at i think-

An unusual pool build
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter