Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any experience with Sunwest Pools? Scratch Built Pool (block)

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Any experience with Sunwest Pools? Scratch Built Pool (block)

Build your own pool wall

This (above) is what I'm referencing.

I am a pretty handy person who's VERY cheap. I want a pool, might even go above ground in a different situation, but I'm limited to an inground by setback requirements.

I like the idea of a concrete block pool, with a liner, but I've been wary because of the amount of block and need to fill the blocks with concrete. This style from Sunwest seems to be a short vertical wall solution- I'm not 100% sure if those blocks are even set in a mud bed. And they reference glued block instead of concrete filled. I'm assuming masonry glue.

I would just like to know if there's anyone out there who has dealt with this company and could give me some feedback. I hate to go in blind spending $600 on a starter kit if I can't get any validation that it's feasible.

Or if you've built a block wall liner pool using this shorter wall method, I'd love to hear about that too!

I have read the other threads on the site about block wall liner pools, and this is something different. I am hopeful that this might be a cheaper solution with a whole lot more DIY potential than the other methods discussed for DIY pools.
    cal-photos.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any experience with Sunwest Pools? Scratch Built Pool (block)

This isn't a Sunwest pool build but one the forum owner here built and impressive as all get out! Worth looking at i think-

An unusual pool build
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain