Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The Pool Calculator Sticky Link

1. Back To Top    #1

The Pool Calculator Sticky Link

I am a little confused why we have "The Pool Calculator" sticky link at the top of the forum. The standard answer from the long time members has been to use the "PoolMath" link at the top of the page since it is updated and avoid "The Pool Calculator". It just seems confusing to me (and probably other newbies) to have the calculator sticky'd if it is not a TFP recommendation.

Am I missing something?

P.S. the intention of this post is to be helpful, not critical. I am just trying to understand this one inconsistency.
    19328 Gallon Above-Ground Pool. Clean&Clear Pentair Cartridge Filter. Opti-flo 2 Stage 1.5hp Pump. Dolphin Nautilus Plus "Flipper" Robot. Established April 2016. Taylor K-2006. Chlorine Based. 340gallon Marquis Spa. Bromine based. Established 2007.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: The Pool Calculator Sticky Link

I'm not seeing the it. Or maybe my view is not set up properly. Can you do a screen shot of it?
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Link goes to poolcalculator.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm not sure why it's still their either. Pool Math is the page to use.

Reported this issue for moderator discussion.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Holydoc View Post
    P.S. the intention of this post is to be helpful, not critical. I am just trying to understand this one inconsistency.
    The answer to this is very likely simple......we missed this one. I've removed this sticky at this time until we can figure out a better way to fully deal with it.

Great catch!!!!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
    The answer to this is very likely simple......we missed this one. I've removed this sticky at this time until we can figure out a better way to fully deal with it.

Great catch!!!!
    Just didn't want people to get confused. After all the help this group has given me, it is nice to be able to help a little.
    19328 Gallon Above-Ground Pool. Clean&Clear Pentair Cartridge Filter. Opti-flo 2 Stage 1.5hp Pump. Dolphin Nautilus Plus "Flipper" Robot. Established April 2016. Taylor K-2006. Chlorine Based. 340gallon Marquis Spa. Bromine based. Established 2007.