We have a 16x24 ABG pool that we just self installed this summer. It has about 11,000 gallons of water. We have a large sand filter. The pool has been perfect all summer until we had rain for 3 days in a row. IT turned a slight green and cloudy. Using just liquid chlorine and algecide didn't work. So I purchased a bag of HTH pool shock. It cleared it and you could see all the stuff at the bottom. My husband went to vacuum it up and had some issues with the vacuum (we are still newbs) and he stirred the bottom up and it immediately turned green again. I attempted to keep the filter running 24 hours again and just using liquid chlorine and algecide... nothing. After 2 weeks I just shocked it again with the same stuff. It turned the color of ectocooler (slime-lime green) I personally never seen a pool be shocked and remain such an odd color of green so at this point im starting to wonder if theres too much chemical or not enough shock?? The tester I have only tests the chlorine and PH levels. I havent tested it since i put this bag of schock in it 2 nights ago but if you need me to, i certainly can. We only have 1 pool store around us where we live and they came off to me as the type of place that just wants you to buy all their very over priced stuff. So Im searching for help elsewhere first. I appreciate it!!