Minimax NT STD 300 heater - replace or repair

guydot

Jul 17, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
While troubleshooting an igniter problem, I noticed that the bottom of the burner tray is VERY rusty and that 3 out of the burners do not sit horizontally, because the back bracket completely crumbled (so the far end of the burner dropped.) I ordered the igniter before thoroughly looking at the unit, but now I am thinking it might be time to replace. I can probably fabricate a back bracket if I can figure out how to access the back of the unit. The unit functioned well so far and the burners look totally fine.

And advice would be greatly appreciated.

You are at the point where you need to consider replacing the unit as the burners are not being held in place. You would have to totally dismantle the unit in order to even see if you can make something but then you have to consider if it's worth it as you might end up a few months down the road with a totally rusted out unit.

Replace it with a Raypak and swim warm and happy.

With my years being around these units fixing and replacing them, I can tell you that Raypak is the most solid unit currently on the market. Raypak has the fewest moving parts which in turn means fewer headaches down the road.

I replace lots of blower motors, keypads, and system boards on all Pentair units.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.