Aug 2, 2016
Sylvania, OH
Just tested with my Taylor kit and got the following results :

Fc: 10ppm
Cc: .5ppm

Ph: 7.3

Alk: 60

Cya: 90

I just bought a couple cases of 10% liquid chlorine on sale at ace hardware... Guide me into the process! Tired of a hundred bucks every time I hit Leslie's!

Pool is about 35,000 gallons with sand filter. Running only on skimmer line as bottom is plugged currently. Old (late 60s) concrete pool. Trying to limp through another year or two before we redo/replace it, which is a whole new thread for you guys!!!

Schmat,

Welcome to TFP...

I see your CYA is 90, so based upon that, your FC can never get below 7 ppm and you should really try to stay around 10 ppm. My first though is that you should try and reduce your CYA, by replacing about half of your water, if you can. Pretty cheap to do that here in Texas, not sure what the cost would be in OH.

Other than that I don't see any issues. What does your water look like? Oh, you missed listing your CH reading..

Jim R

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.