Sylvania, OH

Test results for new user of tfp method

Just tested with my Taylor kit and got the following results :

Fc: 10ppm
    Cc: .5ppm

Ph: 7.3

Alk: 60

Cya: 90

I just bought a couple cases of 10% liquid chlorine on sale at ace hardware... Guide me into the process! Tired of a hundred bucks every time I hit Leslie's!

Pool is about 35,000 gallons with sand filter. Running only on skimmer line as bottom is plugged currently. Old (late 60s) concrete pool. Trying to limp through another year or two before we redo/replace it, which is a whole new thread for you guys!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Bedford, TX

Re: Test results for new user of tfp method

Welcome to TFP...

I see your CYA is 90, so based upon that, your FC can never get below 7 ppm and you should really try to stay around 10 ppm. My first though is that you should try and reduce your CYA, by replacing about half of your water, if you can. Pretty cheap to do that here in Texas, not sure what the cost would be in OH.

Other than that I don't see any issues. What does your water look like? Oh, you missed listing your CH reading..

Jim R
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP5200 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Northern IL

Re: Test results for new user of tfp method

Jim has you. Can you add a signature with your pool details? Click setting above, then edit signature on the left sidebar. Thanks!
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006.