New pool build, noticed pumps are not bolted to the pad.

Jan 18, 2016
Tucson, AZ
How many of your pumps are physically bolted to your concrete pad? My PB just finished the job, and I noticed when cleaning the baskets the other day that the pumps are not bolted down to the pad. When I smack the lids to get them off, the whole pump wiggles and is really only held by the plumbing. Seems to me this would cause added stress on the housing and plumbing. Should I have them bolted down?
-J

Mine isn't bolted down either. And none I've seen in my area are either (not to say there aren't some out there that are). If you have to "smack the lids to get them off", you may be over tightening them or need to re-lube the lid O-rings. Do your lids have a tab on either side to aid in removal or are they a different design?

Please fill out your signature to reflect your pool and pool equipment as outlined here: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.