Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG controller no longer responding?

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG controller no longer responding?

I just went outside to test my FC. Afterward, I tried to adjust my SWG %, but the controller (Aquapure) no longer seems to respond. I set the % via the Aqualink Z4, and instead of the usual beep afterward to indicate that the change was made, it did nothing. So now the Aqualink shows one percentage and the SWG controller shows another. Also, the SWG controller only shows 'power on.' Usually it shows 'cell on' or 'cell resting' and 'flow.' Also, none of the buttons on the aquapure seem to work.

Thoughts?
    16,000 gallons in-ground, raised spa with spill-way, PebbleTec finish. Cartridge Filter M/N CV460, Main Pump; Jandy VSSHP270AUT variable speed ePump, Polaris PB4-60 cleaner pump, Jandy PLC1400 SWG

I still prefer our boat over the pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG controller no longer responding?

Have you cycled power to the panel? I don't know how often these controllers glitch and lock up, but it's worth a shot. Someone with a lot more knowledge should be along shortly.
    TF-100 kit, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer. Still in early stages of pool planning

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: SWG controller no longer responding?

I cycled it twice a few hours ago. Same result each time; no communication with the aqualink. However, at that point the lcd display panel on the aquapire (not the LEDs) had every option illuminated.

I left it alone at that point and ran some errands. When I came home a few hours later, it seems fine?

I called the PB and they are sending out a jandy warranty tech.