JoeSelf

Gold Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Glassboro, NJ
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey, found out that the areas that I thought were 4 old low spots from install are new from critters under pool (best guess - chipmonks). The areas below them feel like there is no support. Like they tried to come up and hit the liner. Felt in the bottom of the holes and 3 feel like there is still open area below. Didn't want to push too hard. The liner has lost its color in the holes. There was still stretch left in the liner.

What I need to know is, if I can just put patches above the circles now? Going to be 90s rest of week and water hopefully will be warm enough to get in and fix before winter.

Are there heavy gauge patches? Can I just run over the hole flat? Will the glue hold up if the water drains if the liner gives way below?

Thanks, Joe

Watch out for those dreaded chipmonks! :D Many of those patches can be glued while under water and they hold up under water. Maybe put a weight (milk jug with water in it or something like that) to hold the patch in place. If you have any old liner left you can use it as a patch. Good luck!

I get them here too with my inground pool, current liner has one spot that is about the size of a bigfoot foot print in the shallow end (no leak in the indention although it grows a little each year started out about the size and shape of a childs foot) My best bet is crawfish tunnels, but it may be other burrowing animals, this spot is near the middle of the pool so 20+ feet of concrete decking in all directions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.