Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Closing my Pool with One Way Winter Pool Valves

I saw a product on the internet for closing your pool without draining the water below the returns. You just replace your eye balls with these one way valves, blow out the water, add pool antifreeze and your done with your return lines.

My question is .. has anyone ever used these valves before? Is it safe?

I saw it at this site.

http://www.poolcenter.com/winter_pool_s ... sories.htm

pool valve.jpg

I personally would not use them as they may leak. The rubber plugs expand to create a nice air tight seal. Additionally as you plug each return jet, the water is pushed along to the end. Last year, I used something similar (but closed) and they leaked air. The manufacturer told me that the plugs were not designed for IG Pools, but AG Pools.

I personally like the black expandable plugs. With goggles, I can see if there is any air leaking before moving on to the next. I would be curious to see if I could vacuum the water out (plug return jets first and then vacuum water from pump). This may work as I vacuumed water out of the skimmers (after water was lowered about 2" below".

In the end, if you are comfortable, then by all means use them. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.