My name is EVGuy and Im a Robot abuser!

EVChargeGuy

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I have left my Bot in the pool since the beginning of the season
I run it most every day.
I only clean it out when a basket is full.
I’m looking for a multi step program to stop abusing the little guy!
The problem is he just takes it like the Ever Ready bunny.

IMG_0422.jpg

Before anyone calls a Robot rescue shelter I have to share that ive been having some cervical disc issues this summer and some days the effort to save him is too much for me. In another month or so he’ll be able to take a well-deserved long winter nap. He has been one of the best investments ive every made.

Hi, I'm Major, and I too am a Robot abuser.

I bought my Doheny's Discovery robot several weeks ago, and he has been in the pool from day one. I've got it set on the daily cycle, but I've found that since sometimes I test my water at sundown, and sometimes I test my water at sunrise, I will usually start his cycle manually whenever I'm by the pool testing the water and adding chlorine. As such, he sometimes runs two cycles a day.

I am amazed by how well he covers the pool and he rarely misses anything. Every three or four days I'll stretch out his cord to get the twists and loops out, empty the basket, and plug him back in.

Best money I've ever spent!

This is very inspiring! I'm currently happy with our inherited Polaris 280 pressure cleaner ("Splash"), but the boost pump is pretty noisy and power-hungry. I keep thinking about a robot at some point, but get hung up on the convenience of the 280 -- he lives in the pool whenever we're not swimming, runs on a timer each day before I'd get a chance to get out there, and gets his bag swapped when it gets full or he's coming out anyway. I'd hate to lose that convenience.

While I know most manufacturers don't recommend leaving the robot in the pool (while providing a daily schedule function!), I wonder if that's mostly weasel words to make sure people don't swim with a plugged-in robot. Living in properly balanced water shouldn't be much harsher than cycles of being submerged then drying out completely.

Can I join your multi-step program even before I get one, even if I never plan to go beyond step 1 "Admit you leave your robot in the pool"?

I am the complete opposite. My Triton Plus gets used one a week (mabe a little more if we get some SoCal Santa Ana winds) then promptly cleaned and wheeled back into my garage. I have a lot of tools and I don't abuse any of them, including my trusted robot. Heck, I even cover my air compressor, drill press and other tools when not in use. I always was a little anal.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.