Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My name is EVGuy and Im a Robot abuser!

1. Back To Top    #1

My name is EVGuy and Im a Robot abuser!

I have left my Bot in the pool since the beginning of the season
    I run it most every day.
    I only clean it out when a basket is full.
    I知 looking for a multi step program to stop abusing the little guy!
    The problem is he just takes it like the Ever Ready bunny.

IMG_0422.jpg

Before anyone calls a Robot rescue shelter I have to share that ive been having some cervical disc issues this summer and some days the effort to save him is too much for me. In another month or so he値l be able to take a well-deserved long winter nap. He has been one of the best investments ive every made.
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: My name is EVGuy and Im a Robot abuser!

Share the brand and model. He looks like he picks up a lot of debris.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Dave,
    In my sig, AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- almost as much fun as a SpeedStir
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice work! I just picked up my first robot and am about to join your robot abuse club. When fall gets to Texas he is going to be sorry!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi, I'm Major, and I too am a Robot abuser.

I bought my Doheny's Discovery robot several weeks ago, and he has been in the pool from day one. I've got it set on the daily cycle, but I've found that since sometimes I test my water at sundown, and sometimes I test my water at sunrise, I will usually start his cycle manually whenever I'm by the pool testing the water and adding chlorine. As such, he sometimes runs two cycles a day.

I am amazed by how well he covers the pool and he rarely misses anything. Every three or four days I'll stretch out his cord to get the twists and loops out, empty the basket, and plug him back in.

Best money I've ever spent!
    24,200 gal., IG vinyl, 18' x 36' rectangular, average depth 5'. K-2006C
    Jandy SFTM22 sand filter, 1 HP Hayward Super Pump, Doheny's Discovery Robot.
    One skimmer, one main drain, two eyeball jets, and one return from the booster pump.
    One wife of 26 years (schoolteacher, first grade), four kids (ages 14,16,17, and 19).
    I work night shift (Pediatric RN) so most of my posts will be during the night.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by EVChargeGuy View Post
    Dave,
    In my sig, AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- almost as much fun as a SpeedStir
    I have the same robot. IMO, the best robot out there for the price.
    14000 gallon 16x32 roman in ground vinyl, Hayward 140k heat pump, swg, de filter 1 1\2 HP v.s. pump. Built in June 2014. Tf100 test kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

This is very inspiring! I'm currently happy with our inherited Polaris 280 pressure cleaner ("Splash"), but the boost pump is pretty noisy and power-hungry. I keep thinking about a robot at some point, but get hung up on the convenience of the 280 -- he lives in the pool whenever we're not swimming, runs on a timer each day before I'd get a chance to get out there, and gets his bag swapped when it gets full or he's coming out anyway. I'd hate to lose that convenience.

While I know most manufacturers don't recommend leaving the robot in the pool (while providing a daily schedule function!), I wonder if that's mostly weasel words to make sure people don't swim with a plugged-in robot. Living in properly balanced water shouldn't be much harsher than cycles of being submerged then drying out completely.

Can I join your multi-step program even before I get one, even if I never plan to go beyond step 1 "Admit you leave your robot in the pool"?
    21000gal IG plaster, Sacramento CA area (late 1950s/early 60s)
    Filter: Cartridge, Pentair CCP420 (2014)
    Main pump: Pentair IntelliFlo VS (2015)
    Boost pump: 3/4hp (2011), Polaris 280 cleaner (unknown age)

8. Back To Top    #8

I am the complete opposite. My Triton Plus gets used one a week (mabe a little more if we get some SoCal Santa Ana winds) then promptly cleaned and wheeled back into my garage. I have a lot of tools and I don't abuse any of them, including my trusted robot. Heck, I even cover my air compressor, drill press and other tools when not in use. I always was a little anal.....
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.