Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Winterizing question

1. Back To Top    #1

Winterizing question

So before TFP, I have always added to my pool water 1 L of ultra 60 by regal and 1 L of 3-Met-0. The algaecide is labeled as Poly ( oxyethylene dimethyliminio ) ethylene-( dimethyliminio ) ethylene dichloride ...60 %. The metal product does not give actual ingredients, just says it eliminates iron,copper and manganese.
    So wondering if algaecide is the same as Polyguat ? And weather I should be adding these 2 products or just wasting money ?
    14 x 28 IG, Hayward sand filter, Hayward 3/4hp pump, auto puck chlorinater,(used only when away) Hayward Natural gas heater, vinyl liner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Winterizing question

The algacide you added is Polyquat 60. You're safe there. This is an insurance policy to help you open to a clear pool next year.

The 3-Met-0 however is hard to find info on. I did find this old post on TFP that discusses this product. Do you have metal problems with your fill water??

3. Back To Top    #3

Sorry for the time gap, got called away for work. No problem with fill water that I know of comes from river into state of the art water plant. Just starting to close now if water still test as good as it was a week ago :>))
    Marc

- - - Updated - - -

I also usually throw in a cup of non chlorine shock ????
    14 x 28 IG, Hayward sand filter, Hayward 3/4hp pump, auto puck chlorinater,(used only when away) Hayward Natural gas heater, vinyl liner

4. Back To Top    #4

Shat!! Posted all my results and there they were gone!! Bad wifi out here I quess

- - - Updated - - -

Here we go again
    Fc 9
    Cc .1 ( as far as I can tell five drops arguably changed colour of R0003)
    Ph 7.4
    Alk 140
    Cal 120
    Cya 20
    Left chlorinator with pox on while I was away for a week free chlorine spiked a bit