Winterizing question

Jul 7, 2014
kamloops bc
So before TFP, I have always added to my pool water 1 L of ultra 60 by regal and 1 L of 3-Met-0. The algaecide is labeled as Poly ( oxyethylene dimethyliminio ) ethylene-( dimethyliminio ) ethylene dichloride ...60 %. The metal product does not give actual ingredients, just says it eliminates iron,copper and manganese.
So wondering if algaecide is the same as Polyguat ? And weather I should be adding these 2 products or just wasting money ?

The algacide you added is Polyquat 60. You're safe there. This is an insurance policy to help you open to a clear pool next year.

The 3-Met-0 however is hard to find info on. I did find this old post on TFP that discusses this product. Do you have metal problems with your fill water??

Sorry for the time gap, got called away for work. No problem with fill water that I know of comes from river into state of the art water plant. Just starting to close now if water still test as good as it was a week ago :>))
Marc

- - - Updated - - -

I also usually throw in a cup of non chlorine shock ????

Shat!! Posted all my results and there they were gone!! Bad wifi out here I quess

- - - Updated - - -

Here we go again
Fc 9
Cc .1 ( as far as I can tell five drops arguably changed colour of R0003)
Ph 7.4
Alk 140
Cal 120
Cya 20
Left chlorinator with pox on while I was away for a week free chlorine spiked a bit

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.