This is my first year with our new pool. We have a 18 x 36 20,000 gallon vinyl liner with a sand filter. We've had it professionally maintained all summer up until about a month ago and decided we could do it ourselves instead of paying $65/week.
I feel very ignorant when it comes to all the chemicals and such. Currently, we're using the little test strips that the pool company gave us. But overnight, the pool got cloudy. We tested it and according to the strips, we had 0 total chlorine and 0 free chlorine. We shocked it with 2 pouches. We also use the 3-inch chlorine tabs in the auto-chlorination. How do I figure out what/when to add? Do we need to shock? I've read such mixed reviews on shock.
I've read a little bit about a different type of test kit. Is the Taylor k-2006 kit a good one and do we need it?
Also, do or should we get a robot vacuum for the pool? My hubby manually vacuums about once a week.
Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk