Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TFP Forum is my new Facebook

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Forum is my new Facebook

About a month ago, I removed the Facebook app from my phone. I had gotten really tired of a lot of stuff on Facebook, and it was too tempting to just launch the app and see what was new.

Well, the Tapatalk app, with the TFP forum, has become a replacement for Facebook on my phone! I can't tell you how many times a day I am reading the timeline of forum posts.

From one addiction to another....

Kevin
    8K gal IG Fiberglass (San Juan Waikiki I)
    TF-100 Testing Kit
    Hayward Max-Flo VS Pump
    Hayward Star Clear Plus Cartridge Filter
    Pentair Model 320 Automatic Chlorine/Bromine In-Line Feeder

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TFP Forum is my new Facebook

I SO hear you!!! What part are you liking the best? I LOVE the under construction.........it is SO much fun spend other people's money! LOL

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

LOL!

I just go by the latest topics. Mostly, troubles and solutions people find here. It's nice to see people getting responses and good advice.
    8K gal IG Fiberglass (San Juan Waikiki I)
    TF-100 Testing Kit
    Hayward Max-Flo VS Pump
    Hayward Star Clear Plus Cartridge Filter
    Pentair Model 320 Automatic Chlorine/Bromine In-Line Feeder

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I do both. Many family and friends on FB. More friends here. I like having friends and people to help.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me) Goldline SWG Intermec 104 TImer Test kit K-2006-C

5. Back To Top    #5

I do both but yes I spend a lot of time mostly reading and not replying yet. This was my first year ever with a pool and when I found this site I was being "pool stored" and spending insane amounts of money but still battled algae. I read so much because I am learning what works and what doesn't so that when next year opening rolls around I can upgrade my equipment, hard plumb my pool, and hopefully have beautiful TFP water all summer long. Eventually when I learn more I would like to chime in and help answer questions. My factory pump is driving me bananas right now but I can't afford to sink more money into the pool this year. Currently there are tons of people in my area that are getting ready to winterize their pools but I'm taking the TFP advise and waiting till my water reaches 60 degrees consistently. Considering my water is barely dipping into the 70's right now it will be awhile plus I am still enjoying swimming! I love that I know exactly what is in my water and why and of coarse that it is so cheap.
    22' Round x 52" deep Coleman AGP, 12,500 gallons. Filled 5-1-16. FlowClear Filter Pump #90401E 2500 gph size B cartridge. Intex Wall Mount Skimmer used with a skimmer sock. Intex Aerator. Pentair Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark Above Ground Pool Cleaner with a Kokido Leaf Canister connected before the inlet and used with a skimmer sock. Whitesboro, TX (North Texas). Taylor K-2006 Test Kit Comp Chorine FAS-DPD.

6. Back To Top    #6

Gina that is just how I started out! Reading and reading and reading some more. I read just about every thread I could find on any subject on the off chance I would need the info in the future. It paid off big time in many ways!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Kimkats - I have saw many posts by you. You are extremely knowledgeable and have been so helpful to many people. I will admit that in the beginning I wasn't fully immersed in the reading and made several mistakes which resulted in me slamming my pool three times this summer. I did a slam to get rid of the algae from being pool stored. Then I thought I had let my chlorine dip to low for to long because quite honestly I was slacking. So I re-slammed it. Then realized through reading that I did the CYA test wrong so that was my issue all along. (Lighting makes all the difference.) Did a partial drain to get it down to 60 (will lower it more next summer) and re-re-slammed it. (How do you like my technical terminology of re-re-slamming? HA!) Now I am finally sitting pretty because I realize that every number plays a role like CYA with FC and when you aerate to lower TA you need to lower your PH because the aerating will make it rise. Now I thoroughly enjoy reading about pool chemistry so I can take pride in the beautiful sparkle that's in my pool. I get tons of compliments and am hoping next year when my buddies see that I am not fighting the green monster to convert them to TFP.
    22' Round x 52" deep Coleman AGP, 12,500 gallons. Filled 5-1-16. FlowClear Filter Pump #90401E 2500 gph size B cartridge. Intex Wall Mount Skimmer used with a skimmer sock. Intex Aerator. Pentair Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark Above Ground Pool Cleaner with a Kokido Leaf Canister connected before the inlet and used with a skimmer sock. Whitesboro, TX (North Texas). Taylor K-2006 Test Kit Comp Chorine FAS-DPD.

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by GinaLovesSummer View Post
    Kimkats - I have saw many posts by you. You are extremely knowledgeable...
    Someone's going to get a big head! But a well deserved compliment.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. Saltwater w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, salt cell, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Groundbreaking: 2/14/13 | Plaster: 5/21/2013 | First Swim: 5/30/2013

9. Back To Top    #9

I am one of the few people on the planet who has never had a "Mark Zuckerberg Personal Enrichment Account" (aka, Facebook) and, considering the infinite piles of garbage in my wife's FB feed, I prefer to remain in my troglodytic ways

But I am a TFP addict and my preferred method of administration is Tapatalk. The interface isn't great so I look forward to the day when TFP launches a more mobile-friendly site and I can ditch the app as I only use it for TFP.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates