TFP Forum is my new Facebook

ka8yiu

Gold Supporter
Aug 11, 2016
SW FL
About a month ago, I removed the Facebook app from my phone. I had gotten really tired of a lot of stuff on Facebook, and it was too tempting to just launch the app and see what was new.

Well, the Tapatalk app, with the TFP forum, has become a replacement for Facebook on my phone! I can't tell you how many times a day I am reading the timeline of forum posts.

From one addiction to another....:p

Kevin

I do both but yes I spend a lot of time mostly reading and not replying yet. This was my first year ever with a pool and when I found this site I was being "pool stored" and spending insane amounts of money but still battled algae. I read so much because I am learning what works and what doesn't so that when next year opening rolls around I can upgrade my equipment, hard plumb my pool, and hopefully have beautiful TFP water all summer long. Eventually when I learn more I would like to chime in and help answer questions. My factory pump is driving me bananas right now but I can't afford to sink more money into the pool this year. Currently there are tons of people in my area that are getting ready to winterize their pools but I'm taking the TFP advise and waiting till my water reaches 60 degrees consistently. Considering my water is barely dipping into the 70's right now it will be awhile plus I am still enjoying swimming! I love that I know exactly what is in my water and why and of coarse that it is so cheap.

Gina that is just how I started out! Reading and reading and reading some more. I read just about every thread I could find on any subject on the off chance I would need the info in the future. It paid off big time in many ways!

:kim:

Kimkats - I have saw many posts by you. You are extremely knowledgeable and have been so helpful to many people. I will admit that in the beginning I wasn't fully immersed in the reading and made several mistakes which resulted in me slamming my pool three times this summer. I did a slam to get rid of the algae from being pool stored. Then I thought I had let my chlorine dip to low for to long because quite honestly I was slacking. So I re-slammed it. Then realized through reading that I did the CYA test wrong so that was my issue all along. (Lighting makes all the difference.) Did a partial drain to get it down to 60 (will lower it more next summer) and re-re-slammed it. (How do you like my technical terminology of re-re-slamming? HA!) Now I am finally sitting pretty because I realize that every number plays a role like CYA with FC and when you aerate to lower TA you need to lower your PH because the aerating will make it rise. Now I thoroughly enjoy reading about pool chemistry so I can take pride in the beautiful sparkle that's in my pool. I get tons of compliments and am hoping next year when my buddies see that I am not fighting the green monster to convert them to TFP.

I am one of the few people on the planet who has never had a "Mark Zuckerberg Personal Enrichment Account" (aka, Facebook) and, considering the infinite piles of garbage in my wife's FB feed, I prefer to remain in my troglodytic ways ;)

But I am a TFP addict and my preferred method of administration is Tapatalk. The interface isn't great so I look forward to the day when TFP launches a more mobile-friendly site and I can ditch the app as I only use it for TFP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.