Lacombe, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30
I am still about a month away from closing up the pool, but I am going to be working out of town. Great pay sucky hours. 7am to 7pm, 7 days a week. I will be 90 miles from home, but obviously have very little time to come home to care for the pool. If I com home 2x per week for the next month, will I be able to keep up with the pool? Increase FC level to 24 and shock again when I get home?

Assuming your CYA is 60 and the pool is clean and sparkly, you could use a floater to help you get through the longer stretches, but you'll be at 70 or 80 pretty fast. But then the winter might bring the CYA back down.

Trouble with going to shock level is that the initial drop is very fast, because the CYA's ability to buffer the FC is overwhelmed. But for four days, it should be fine.

A pool cover would make it easy to maintain the chemistry, but may not be an option for you.

If you're able to check the pool twice a week, you likely won't need to go right up to shock level. Shock level won't harm anything, but the initial loss of FC is rapid. So you could try adding a bit less each time and see what the residual is when you get back. With your upcoming schedule, I'm sure you don't want to take any chances. Good luck with the out of town job :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.