Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pool Build Montgomery Tx

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Build Montgomery Tx

Hello all I finally started pool and have been collecting info from site for a while. This pic is of the deck that I removed. I have a 8 ft easement from back fence so you will see the pool has to be close to the house so not much deck space.

Last edited by 57cheby; 09-10-2016 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Added picture with photobucket
    Started 9/5/2016 In ground gunite pool, 43x15, salt, Pentair intelliflo vsp 3hp x2, booster cleaner pump, Polaris cleaner, intellitouch 8, led color logic lights, 400k btu heater, spa, wet edge technologies Luna Quartz finish, travertine noche coping, 3.5-6.5 ft deep

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Build Montgomery Tx

Congratulations on getting started!!

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks twinklesmommy
    Started 9/5/2016 In ground gunite pool, 43x15, salt, Pentair intelliflo vsp 3hp x2, booster cleaner pump, Polaris cleaner, intellitouch 8, led color logic lights, 400k btu heater, spa, wet edge technologies Luna Quartz finish, travertine noche coping, 3.5-6.5 ft deep

4. Back To Top    #4

Select "Settings" in the upper right corner of your screen. Then select "Attachments" which is all the way at the bottom on the left side.
    Indoor IG Vinyl 15,375 gallon DIY
    DIY plumbing
    Aqua Genie skimmer and Wanda the Whale
    FloTec 1.5hp 2 speed pump, Intermatic w/toggle
    Hayward 175 sq ft cartridge, K-2006 Test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks with help on the pix got it.
    Here is pic of hot tub with 3" suction and 3" return lines for 8 jets should be plenty of volume with 3hp vsp. City is coming out tomorrow for inspections and gunite is scheduled for Thursday. Will post more pix then.

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi there 57cheby. Any update on your pool?
    Start Date: 9/6/2016. 34' x 24' In Ground Pool, 564' pool area with a 7' Spa. 1' Raised Rear Wall with 3 36" sheers. Sun shelf with 3 bubblers. Pentair 320 Auto-chlor, Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3.0hp pump, Pentair SuperFlo 2.0hp pump (water feature), Pentair SuperFlo 1.0 hp pump (bubblers), Pentair CCP 520 Cartridge Filter, Staite MaxETherm 400k BTU Heater. Flagstone coping with SprayDeck deck. Pebble Sheen Blue Surf finish.

7. Back To Top    #7

I'm back its been a long day but gunite crew just left. All went well.

- - - Updated - - -

More pix

8. Back To Top    #8

More pix

- - - Updated - - -

I some how deleted all pix. Is there a better way of loading pix on iPad?

- - - Updated - - -

See if these show
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Back To Top    #9

Yep. I see the pictures. Happy Gunite Day!
    Start Date: 9/6/2016. 34' x 24' In Ground Pool, 564' pool area with a 7' Spa. 1' Raised Rear Wall with 3 36" sheers. Sun shelf with 3 bubblers. Pentair 320 Auto-chlor, Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3.0hp pump, Pentair SuperFlo 2.0hp pump (water feature), Pentair SuperFlo 1.0 hp pump (bubblers), Pentair CCP 520 Cartridge Filter, Staite MaxETherm 400k BTU Heater. Flagstone coping with SprayDeck deck. Pebble Sheen Blue Surf finish.

10. Back To Top    #10

Lol. I was like where are the pics!! I see these! Very nice!

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

11. Back To Top    #11

Ok got photobucket working so here come some pix

12. Back To Top    #12

The palapa people just finished. Monday the finishing crew comes out to stain pole and tidy up.

13. Back To Top    #13

I have a 8 ft easement to the right of the picture so we built the pool right on the 8 ft line. The wall on the right is going to be all rock waterfall. On two spots on the back wall we made it 18" thick to hold more rock. Question is would anyone consider putting rocks on easement to make a bigger waterfall? I've been told that you can put concrete driveways and walkways on easement. Does that mean we can put rocks on top of grass on easment? Has anyone done this with out problems? I've been told it could only be a problem if when we sell the house the survey will discover encroachment.
    Thanks for your help

14. Back To Top    #14

Does anyone have a opinion on this subject?

15. Back To Top    #15

Why even take the chance? They will find it one day and YOU will be stuck with a big bill to pay to take it out. Now if the rocks were not integral to the pool for the waterfall and wall and could be removed with some sweat work then sure go for it!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

16. Back To Top    #16

The reason I would consider is my neighbor just sold his house and he had a pool and concreted all over the easment and nothing was said. My luck I would have to tear waterfall down.

17. Back To Top    #17

If you sell the house you wouldn't necessarily have take it down. Houses in my area are sold subject to anything a survey would show, so you wouldn't be responsible in my area if they realized it after they signed the contract and were out of attorney review. And if they realized it before they were legally committed you could decline to do anything and find another buyer. Although realistically the new buyer would probably accept it because he or she wouldn't want to take it down either.

You have to ask yourself. Do you feel lucky?
    1200 Sq Ft 41,000 Gal. Gunite, JANDY SVRS VS pump, JANDY JXI 400,000 BTU, Polaris 280 w/ 3/4 BP, Rockwall and Grotto (w/6 jets and blower), 2 JANDY Lam Jets, 2 LED Bubblers, 5 Ledlights, AQUALINK P16 RS, 90% Quartz, SWF 185 GMP BP, SWF 125 BP, Levelor K1100 Autofill, AP Digital SWG, 2 skim and 5 returns, and mostly 3 inch piping

18. Back To Top    #18

Thanks grottoguy I guess I better play by the rules. I am going to pour concrete deck on the easment. I put the palapa right on 8 ft line so worst case I have to break up concrete. PB said if we sell house who would want to break up pretty deck just to stay in the lines, so il take that gamble.

19. Back To Top    #19

Plumbing went in today

20. Back To Top    #20

Picking out water tile tomorrow and the wife likes the smaller tiles, I like the 6x6 so less grout lines. I would think with all the grout lines on the small ones its very hard to keep clean. Also I hear a salt line appears after a while. Anyone know which one works better?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast