Algaeguard question

Just added algaeguard to pool and now a bunch of stuff is floating on the surface would this be dead algae?

That would be a foaming agent in the stuff you added. The philosophy around here is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." So if your chlorine levels are maintained at an appropriate level and your PH is within range, life should be pretty good. If it's not, it's likely because something is out of whack, not because you're missing some magic potion. Adding something else leads to Cat-in-the-Hat syndrome, where you're looking for something new to add to counteract the last thing you added, and so on, and so on.... What are your chemical levels?

Welcome to TFP!

I'm right over in Wayne, so good to see another NW Ohio resident. To answer your question, many algaecides foam up when used and dirt blowing on the pool can discolor the white foam. It will be best to net it off the top until it stops happening. In the future, regular algaecide additions are not typically needed as maintaining proper chlorine levels will keep water clear in nearly all cases. I haven't added any algaecide to my water in over 5 years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.