Free Pool Test Tracking Software!

jeffpat said:
Do you think there would be any interest in a web-based version of a program like this? (i.e. something that would run in a browser so it would work on Windows, Macs, Linux, etc?)

I have learned a TON from this forum and I'm a web developer in my "day job" so I would love to create something like that as a way of giving back to this community if there was enough interest and/or if it would be useful for people. (It would be free of course.)

Thanks!
Jeff

Jeff,
Yes I think that would be a great companion to the poolcalculator. But then you'll be asked for an iPhone version :)

fishoutawater said:
We have joy!! I figured out that I needed a more recent version of JAVA :party:

What version(IBM/Sun) and make of Java? The javaw.exe process launches but just sits there, the splash screen just goes away.

Here is what I get when I run "java -version"

java version "1.6.0_14"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_14-b08)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode, sharing)

It would be nice if there was a version check and a notice what version is needed.

I downloaded Java 6 Update 15 on a windows 7 box and I just get the 'Vibrant Pool' splash screen similar to sgtdvldog above, then nothing. I verified the java RTE installed and is operating properly by confirming at the java web site. does this software only work with java releases prior to update 15?

Thanks for sharing the program..I just downloaded it and the process was easy. The only setback I find is that I've used an EXCEL spreadsheet to keep track of my data. It seems to me that it would take some effort to transcribe the data from spreadsheet to the program and the added benefit is not immediately apparent...Thanks again for the effort...

Hey Guys. Had the same problem with Windows 7 JRE 6 Update 15 and only the splash screen showing up. You need to install the software in a place other than C:\Program Files\Vibrant Pool.

During Installation change the install location to C:\Vibrant Pool

I believe there are additional restrictive permissions in Windows 7. That seems to be causing the application not to run.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.