Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Pool Test Tracking Software!

1. Back To Top    #1

Free Pool Test Tracking Software!

Hello,

I am a member of this forum and have benefited from the tips and advice available here.

I have created some free software for tracking pool testing results. The software tracks FC, TC, CC, Br, Ph, Alk, CYA, Temp, Base Demand, and Acid Demand. Also included is a charting feature and a pool profile tool to enable users to track data for more than one pool.

The software has been tested spyware free by CNET's download.com.

If you'd like to try the software out, please go to http://www.vibrantpool.com/download.php.

If you have any questions, let me know. I will periodically be adding features/fixing bugs so if you have anything you'd like to see use the contact form on the website to contact me.

Thanks...
    -Eric

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Free Pool Test Tracking Software!

why doesn't it track calcium hardness or CSI?

3. Back To Top    #3

Anybody test the software?
    12500 AGP 2HP Sand filter
    Five years on BBB & loving it!

4. Back To Top    #4

I tried to run it, but it doesn't seem to work on the Mac. Of course, it doesn't claim to work on the Mac. Still, I was hoping it would work since it is written in Java and thus ought to be portable.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by waterbear
    why doesn't it track calcium hardness or CSI?
    It does track Calcium Hardness, I just forgot to mention it.

-Eric

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    I tried to run it, but it doesn't seem to work on the Mac. Of course, it doesn't claim to work on the Mac. Still, I was hoping it would work since it is written in Java and thus ought to be portable.
    Can you tell me what type of error(s) you got when you tried to run it on the Mac?

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks, Eric. I just installed it. I just created a shortcut of the run batch file for easy access.
    Will definitely come in handy
    IG 12' x 39' - 20k Gallons - Vinyl Lined - StaRite Cristal-Flo II 26" Sand Filter - Hayward SuperPump 1 hp - Dolphin Dynamic autocleaner - Lochinvar Energyrite gas heater - Aqua Rite SWCG T-15 - TF100 Test Kit - Skimlite Duallly 9016 pole (great pole)

8. Back To Top    #8

Runs fine under Vista. Haven't had a change to check it out under 'nix yet.

9. Back To Top    #9

DLing now
    2003 Coleman MAAX Collection Model 706 - 400gal

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by mickey4paws
    Thanks, Eric. I just installed it. I just created a shortcut of the run batch file for easy access.
    Will definitely come in handy
    Sure thing, hope you find it useful.

11. Back To Top    #11

Nice program, one thing I would like to see, or find if I'm missing it, would be to have the time of day added, that way you can see when you are losing your fc the most.
    18x33 15700 Gal Oval Above Ground
    Ranger Sand Filter w/Praher Multi Port Valve
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps
    BBB And Sparkling Clean.

12. Back To Top    #12

Looks like a great software, especially with the graphs. The only thing I don't see, is a place to write down what chemicals you have added. That way you can see what the result of those chemicals really are (I haven't downloaded the software yet, but just from looking at screenshots I couldn't see a spot to record added chemicals, let me know if I'm wrong)
    I would like to see some more feedback from other users, before I take the leap and download the software.
    14,200 gallon in ground Plaster Pool
    "Titan Vertical Grid Filter" -- Pressure DE, 60 sq ft filter area

13. Back To Top    #13

well if you need more feedback I can tell you that I thought it was ok, tad user unfriendly though as far as unzipping, running the install, then trying to find what to do next. I think most people will start looking under start, all programs to find where it installed. but it's actually back in the folder. like I said, I think it was ok, but personally I am sticking with the excel chart. I do appreciate the effort that it took to make it though.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

14. Back To Top    #14

Thanks for trying it out. You're right about the installation process, I will be changing over to a more standard installer.
    I will also be adding time of day to the inputs.

-Eric

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by reebok
    well if you need more feedback I can tell you that I thought it was ok, tad user unfriendly though as far as unzipping, running the install, then trying to find what to do next.
    Once you've unzipped, you can read the Readme files for how to install and run.
    IG 12' x 39' - 20k Gallons - Vinyl Lined - StaRite Cristal-Flo II 26" Sand Filter - Hayward SuperPump 1 hp - Dolphin Dynamic autocleaner - Lochinvar Energyrite gas heater - Aqua Rite SWCG T-15 - TF100 Test Kit - Skimlite Duallly 9016 pole (great pole)

16. Back To Top    #16

I am interested in downloading the software. Can you tell me if you need Excel or any other support to use this? I have a basic PC with Windows XP.

Thanks,
    Brian
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

17. Back To Top    #17

Excel is not needed. The only thing you need is Java 1.6, there is a link to download Java on the website.
    Also, I have added a download option that includes an automated installer that will install the program to the "Program Files" directory and put a shortcut in the start menu.

Thanks...

18. Back To Top    #18

Can I use this software for a salt water pool?
    cpdpnsc-columbia sc
    well H2O (good quality)
    AG3400g intex,vinyl,cartrige filter, 1000gph

19. Back To Top    #19

it's a program to enter your test numbers and it keeps track of them and can graph them. it doesn't matter what pool you have.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

20. Back To Top    #20

Just wanted to say it was nice of you to share your program. Thanks.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast