Jandy AE-2500Ti Heat Pump Problem

poolneophyte

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Long Island, NY
I have a Jandy AE-2500Ti heat pump that was installed in August of 2009 and is in it's 7th season of use. I don't believe that it has ever worked great and just assumed that the long run times meant that it was undersized for my pool. Last week, the heat pump went out on a Low Refrigerant Pressure alarm and will not run. I did some troubleshooting and have determined that it is either a bad low pressure switch or it is truly low on refrigerant. The unit uses Freon (R-22) which is in the process of being phased out and has become very expensive per pound.

Who works on these units? I have called a few local HVAC companies and they refuse to get involved since it is pool related. I feel that a heat pump is a heat pump whether it's being used to heat the house or a pool. All I need is a refrigeration technician to install a gauge set and take some pressures to determine if it is low on refrigerant. I can then get an estimate for evacuating the system, finding the leak and recharging the system and determine whether or not it is worth fixing.

I find it hard to believe that a 7 year old heat pump is beyond repair. I called Jandy and they gave me the name/number of a local Jandy service rep but could not tell me if they work on heat pumps. I called the local company and left a message and have not heard back from them. Has anybody else run into this? Have you found a local HVAC company willing to work on a pool heat pump?

Bump. Anyone have any recommendations? I've been calling HVAC service companies all over my area and they either don't return calls or, if I do speak with them, want nothing to do with a pool heat pump. Even the service company that Jandy gave me won't return my call!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.