No news is good news - an update from a 1st season TFPer

Nov 14, 2015
Chicagoland, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I haven't been around the forums much since I tackled my SLAM in June... because my pool has been great!
It's been a really, really low-key, easy to care for pool.
I slacked off on testing (and just started adding about half a gallon of chlorine every other day) and while nothing bad happened (no algea! no funky color or smell! Still sparkled!) I decided I wanted to make sure everything was keeping on well.

Things are good. LOVE TFP. We're still swimming - water was 80* yesterday, which is a little cool for us, but we just stay in a little less. We did private lessons in our pool this summer, and kid 1 is doing well at different swimming strokes, kid 2 can manage to not sink, and kid 3 is happy to jump in with her vest, kick across the pool, and put her face in the water.

I was surprised that we did not swim as much as I thought we might - we averaged 2 days a week in the pool.

I'm kinda dreading winterizing, but I'll be following closely here, and maybe looking for advice. I'm guessing 6 weeks until closing.

Anyway, thanks TFP users for guiding us, and saving us $thousands in pool service opening and pool store chemicals and run around!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.