Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No news is good news - an update from a 1st season TFPer

1. Back To Top    #1

No news is good news - an update from a 1st season TFPer

I haven't been around the forums much since I tackled my SLAM in June... because my pool has been great!
    It's been a really, really low-key, easy to care for pool.
    I slacked off on testing (and just started adding about half a gallon of chlorine every other day) and while nothing bad happened (no algea! no funky color or smell! Still sparkled!) I decided I wanted to make sure everything was keeping on well.

Things are good. LOVE TFP. We're still swimming - water was 80* yesterday, which is a little cool for us, but we just stay in a little less. We did private lessons in our pool this summer, and kid 1 is doing well at different swimming strokes, kid 2 can manage to not sink, and kid 3 is happy to jump in with her vest, kick across the pool, and put her face in the water.

I was surprised that we did not swim as much as I thought we might - we averaged 2 days a week in the pool.

I'm kinda dreading winterizing, but I'll be following closely here, and maybe looking for advice. I'm guessing 6 weeks until closing.

Anyway, thanks TFP users for guiding us, and saving us $thousands in pool service opening and pool store chemicals and run around!
    27,000 gal. plaster IG with round spa built in 2007. TFT-100 test kit XL w/ Speedstir
    Jandy CL580 cartridge filter. Jandy 1.0 hp filter pump, 1.5 hp booster/spa? pump.
    Aqualink RS One Touch controls. Paramount PC2000 In-floor cleaning system (1.0 hp pump?). Jandy LX pool heater, apparently broken.
    Missing so much gear due to previous foreclosure, it's sad.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: No news is good news - an update from a 1st season TFPer

Nice to hear things are going so well for you. Keep-up the great work and enjoy the rest of your swimming season.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: No news is good news - an update from a 1st season TFPer

Good job! That TF-100 FAS-DPD test is the backbone of this method and you're reaping the rewards now.
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain