Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No news is good news - an update from a 1st season TFPer

1. Back To Top    #1

Chicagoland, IL

No news is good news - an update from a 1st season TFPer

I haven't been around the forums much since I tackled my SLAM in June... because my pool has been great!
    It's been a really, really low-key, easy to care for pool.
    I slacked off on testing (and just started adding about half a gallon of chlorine every other day) and while nothing bad happened (no algea! no funky color or smell! Still sparkled!) I decided I wanted to make sure everything was keeping on well.

Things are good. LOVE TFP. We're still swimming - water was 80* yesterday, which is a little cool for us, but we just stay in a little less. We did private lessons in our pool this summer, and kid 1 is doing well at different swimming strokes, kid 2 can manage to not sink, and kid 3 is happy to jump in with her vest, kick across the pool, and put her face in the water.

I was surprised that we did not swim as much as I thought we might - we averaged 2 days a week in the pool.

I'm kinda dreading winterizing, but I'll be following closely here, and maybe looking for advice. I'm guessing 6 weeks until closing.

Anyway, thanks TFP users for guiding us, and saving us $thousands in pool service opening and pool store chemicals and run around!
    27,000 gal. plaster IG with round spa built in 2007. TFT-100 test kit XL w/ Speedstir
    Jandy CL580 cartridge filter. Jandy 1.0 hp filter pump, 1.5 hp booster/spa? pump.
    Aqualink RS One Touch controls. Paramount PC2000 In-floor cleaning system (1.0 hp pump?). Jandy LX pool heater, apparently broken.
    Missing so much gear due to previous foreclosure, it's sad.

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: No news is good news - an update from a 1st season TFPer

Nice to hear things are going so well for you. Keep-up the great work and enjoy the rest of your swimming season.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: No news is good news - an update from a 1st season TFPer

Good job! That TF-100 FAS-DPD test is the backbone of this method and you're reaping the rewards now.
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter