Newly moved to SC and first time owning a below ground pool

Hello everyone. We just moved to SC from MD and have never owned a below ground pool. The pool was not running for over 8 months before we moved in and had a small tear in the cover. So, it looked like nasty muddy swamp water when we uncovered it. We have the chemicals at a perfect level, but it is taking a while for the cloudiness to go away. But, our main problem is vacuuming it. So, I am sure I will be spending quite some time on those types of threads.

Welcome! I was hoping for another Upstater but oh well :) Joking!

If you fill out your signature with your pool and pump info and post some test results we'll be glad to help.

I don't know my test results, I took the water in to Leslie's this morning and they said all my numbers were perfect. But, the water is cloudy and bluish in color. They said it would take a little time for that to clear up since the pool was sitting with no chemicals, pump not running, and a rip in the cover for over 8 months. It was disgusting when we took the cover off, lol. We have only had the pool up and running for about 3 weeks now and it looks 100% better than it did. My only problem is the vacuuming. I cannot get the water to stay in the hose before I get it in the skimmer hole.