Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newly moved to SC and first time owning a below ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Newly moved to SC and first time owning a below ground pool

Hello everyone. We just moved to SC from MD and have never owned a below ground pool. The pool was not running for over 8 months before we moved in and had a small tear in the cover. So, it looked like nasty muddy swamp water when we uncovered it. We have the chemicals at a perfect level, but it is taking a while for the cloudiness to go away. But, our main problem is vacuuming it. So, I am sure I will be spending quite some time on those types of threads.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Newly moved to SC and first time owning a below ground pool

Welcome! I was hoping for another Upstater but oh well Joking!

If you fill out your signature with your pool and pump info and post some test results we'll be glad to help.
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you. I am trying to figure all that info out, but will post what I know as of now.

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't know my test results, I took the water in to Leslie's this morning and they said all my numbers were perfect. But, the water is cloudy and bluish in color. They said it would take a little time for that to clear up since the pool was sitting with no chemicals, pump not running, and a rip in the cover for over 8 months. It was disgusting when we took the cover off, lol. We have only had the pool up and running for about 3 weeks now and it looks 100% better than it did. My only problem is the vacuuming. I cannot get the water to stay in the hose before I get it in the skimmer hole.
    In-ground, 15340 gallons, sand filter; Hayward Pro, self priming pump; Hayward as well.