Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Are Cartridge filters one standard size.

1. Back To Top    #1

Are Cartridge filters one standard size.

Afternoon everyone,
    I have a general question about the cartridge filters size. Are there only one size of cartridges? Or do I need to pull them out and get the dimensions? I know I'm going to have to replace mine in a few months. The bands are breaking on them at this last cleaning.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Are Cartridge filters one standard size.

There are different sizes - length and diameter. You should take note of the filter model make/model and then you can shop on-line for a replacement or contact a place like InyoPools.com.

In addition, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. Or you can click EDIT YOUR SIGNATURE. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post. Don’t forget to include your test kit in the signature.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

awesome thank you and I'll update the info. There is a lot I'm not sure of yet. When we bought the home we never meet the owner unfortunately.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by danman View Post
    awesome thank you and I'll update the info. There is a lot I'm not sure of yet. When we bought the home we never meet the owner unfortunately.
    You have come to the right place!

Welcome to the forum, nice to have you with us.
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I highly recommend Pleatco cartridges. They are cheaper, better, clean easier, last longer. Lots of good stuff.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the replies. Is it standard to replace all of them at once, or can you do two at a time depending on the condition? I understand the water will only be as clean as the filters. But I was just curious if that is an option.

Working on my signature, need to get home to get the rest of the details
    Danny ( aka danman ) :: MyPool: 18k gallons;Jandy Stealth 2.0hp; IG Pebble Tec; Cartridge; Saltwater; built 2006; Taylor K-2006 test kit; Saltwater (aquapure PLC1400) cell; Polaris 280;

7. Back To Top    #7

I suppose you could replace just the cartridges with the broken bands, but the others may not be too far behind. Ideally it might be best to replace them all and keep the old ones as a back-up. Much better prices on-line which should help in a pinch.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

I would change the set. It may be a bit more money now, but you'll have a good reference how the system runs at best case scenario.

Look at it like changing your headlight bulbs, you change them both as the remaining bulb is not performing as new (not as bright), and it's life expectancy has been reached.
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!