Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Starting my 3rd Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Starting my 3rd Pool

Hello All,

I am starting the process of having my 3rd pool installed and could use some help. I am having a small FG, in ground pool installed here in SW Florida. The pool is only 2100 gals and I would like to use a SWG for the chorine production. I have no idea where I begin with determining what pump and filter I need. I would like a VS pump to save electrical costs and run the pump slower since the pool is small in volume. As far as the filter goes, I would like to use a cartridge filter for ease of cleaning.

Thank you all in advance for any help/direction on where to begin.

Scott
    IG, Fiberglass, 2100gals, so far. This will be my 3rd. pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Starting my 3rd Pool

The smallest VS pump Pentair makes is the 342001, Superflo VS pump. It is 1-1/2 hp. The clean and clear filter is available down to 50 sf, http://www.pentairpool.com/products/...filters-28.htm
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Continue with Pentair Intellichlor IC20 for a SWG.
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys!
    I found a Pentair IC15 while looking at the IC20. It is for an even smaller pool. Still much bigger than my "puddle". It might make more sense if you know my last pool was 52'X30', kidney shaped pool which I took care of for 20 years. I just what something easy and to dip in with my cold one.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Matt for your suggestion. I have decided to go with the IC 20 as my SWG. It should have an easy time with my small pool. I am also going to use the Pentair Intelliflo VS pump which I has the ability to schedule On/Off times. I have read both manuals for the SWG and pump and they don't really explain how the pump's internal scheduling feature can control the SWG. I don't need an external timer, as that is how they explain to control the pump and SWG. I know the SWG will not generate chlorine if there is no flow, so will that be alright to leave the power on to the SWG all the time an let the pump turn it'self off on on? I really don't need to invest in an automation system either, since my pool is so simple.

6. Back To Top    #6

That's a tiny pool! Would love to see photos!
    Kelly, Tampa FL
    15' by 4' Intex above ground metal frame, about 5300 gallons
    Intex 120V Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System CG-28679 with E.C.O.
    TF100 Kit and Speedstir
    Intex Auto Cleaner - works great!

7. Back To Top    #7

It isn't installed yet, so i don't have any pictures. It measures 8.5' by 14' and is 4' deep everywhere. It is the smallest IG pool I could find. Just a enough to take a dip in.