High CYA/FC - about to drain/refill, what are next steps

Current reading from Taylor 2006:
    FC 27.5
    CC .5
    pH 7.8
    TA 150
    CH 275
    CYA 140

I'm going to drain about 70-80% and try to get to CYA of 40. Assuming CYA measures at or around target after refill, what part of my chemistry is my next item to focus on?
    15K gal rectangle with 1K gal spill over round spa | K-2006 Test kit | IG plaster | B2983 1.5HP 2 speed pump| Triton TR100 sand filter | Pentair MiniMax 400k BTU heater | Stenner 45MPHP10 w/ 15g tank | Dolphin M400 robot | screened pool cage covers pool entirely to keep it debris free and adds SPF | sun exposure estimate 8hr daily.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Bedford, TX

Re: High CYA/FC - about to drain/refill, what are next steps

Since all your readings will change after your water exchange, the best bet is to run another set of tests once you have the new water in. The results of that test, will answer your question.

That is the whole point of the TFP process.. Measure and then take only the actions needed to correct any reading that is out of balance..

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP5200 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tampa, FL

Re: High CYA/FC - about to drain/refill, what are next steps

Just a warning... I ended up having to do two drains because the first time, I was relying on the diluted CYA test and underestimated how high my CYA really was. Might want to go to 80% rather than 70.
    Kelly, Tampa FL
    15' by 4' Intex above ground metal frame, about 5300 gallons
    Intex 120V Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System CG-28679 with E.C.O.
    TF100 Kit and Speedstir
    Intex Auto Cleaner - works great!