replacement Salt sensor

danman

Sep 5, 2016
Spring, Tx
Hello everyone,

new pool owner here. :) We recently purchased a new home with a pool, the pool was built in 2006 and is a Saltwater system. The salt cell is a aquapure plc1400. I've been through the troubleshooting guide and it appears the sensor is bad. I had several pool people over and they looked at the code on the display ( 170 ) and they said it was the sensor. So I purchased a replacement sensor from one of them but when I got it, the original sensor had 3 ports on it. The replacement only has 2? Is this correct? I can provide pictures if need be.

Welcome to TFP!

Your terminology is a bit confusing with the sensor and port. The cell has ports and the sensor has pads. There are old cells with 2 ports and cells with 3 ports.

The newest sensor design only has 2 pads showing in the sensor and this is the sensor to get. It should also have a control module with an A or B program selection.

Looks like my reply didn't go through.. sorry if this is a duplicate. Yes, you are correct I said ports, but meant pads. My new 'sensor' has 2 pads and the old/current one has 3. The new one also has the control module. Thank you for the quick response and the welcome!

I just replaced my sensor and my error code is gone woo hoo! Question.. Once I powered the system back up(about 30 min ago) The display reads 70%, & 3.0 PPM. So I think that's good? But look at this pic. What's the typical time we should see the 'Cell Reversing' light remain on?

IMAG0409.jpg

The third "pad" is still there, it is just covered by the epoxy seal.

Cell reversing is how the unit "self cleans" the cell. It should stay in cell reversing as long as it stays in "forward". Typically in 3 hour cycles. It should still produce while in reversing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.