Wrinkle in liner or something pushing against inner pool wall? How to tell?

Aug 19, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Hi, I have a pool that was built about 35-40 yrs ago that I reno'd in 2012--Rust proofed panels (metal underneath liner); replaced liner; coping; pool deck; sand filter; pump motor and heater. Recently, I noticed that in the deep end of the pool in one of the corners (it's an old style kite shaped pool) that there is either a wrinkle or a foreign object pushing through the liner, neither my wife and I can tell. It looks/feels like a hard surfaced bumpy bulge. It's about three feet under water, so couldn't take a picture and you really have to look for it to find it. It's not really noticeable at all from the pool deck. The liner and work on the pool is still under warrenty until the end of the season, but I fear that the company that installed the liner will take their time in coming over to fix it. Not only that, staff has changed at the company and I am not satisfied with how the new workers work. They are sloppy and quite frankly don't do a very good job so I am afraid if the work is done it will be slipshod AND will take forever. I do not have a lot of time since I live in Canada and have to close the pool in a few weeks. What would you do? ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.