Must I shock?

zackpool

Bronze Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Marietta, Ga
I've had my pool open since April 1st, here in Atlanta. My numbers have been consistent.

FC:7
PH:7.4
TA:90
CH:200
CYA:70
I'm getting ready to close for winter..(30-45) days...disconnected SWG in March...so I have been following CYA/Chlorine levels for non-SWG pool...the pool has been great. My questions...
Pool Calculator says to bring my pool to 28 to Shock the pool...wait 24 hours and check. Then wait another day and a half..wait to FC is about half...then add Polyquat 60 and Mix for 1/2-1 hour.
My pool has been CRYSTAL Clear all summer. Can I skip the Shock step..Just bring my FC from 7 to 14 add the polyquat and procede to follow the closing procedures you annotated on the sticky..or am I being foolish?

Have you thought about keeping it open? Myself and a few others in our area have done it for a few years now and it sure makes spring swimming much easier. We'll swim in ours until mid October so it's not too much down time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.