Algae patches in pool, can we swim?

Eriky

Jul 4, 2010
We went away on vacation for 10 days and upon coming back, I noticed we have some patches of algae in the pool, on the beach entry, and also on a sitting shelf in the back of the pool. I have a SWG, and tested the water, and the FC is reading very high, around 5, and the available is the same color, so no difference. The PH was very high, around 8.2, so from what I am reading, this is probably why I got the patches. The patches are a dark green, and there are not a ton of them, there are about 5-6 small ones on the beach, about the size of a couple of quarters, and one larger one, about the size of 2 footballs on the sitting shelf.

However, the water is not green at all, just the patches. I did notice a lot of dead algae on the bottom of the pool too, which I vacuumed up.

I now have the PH down to around 7.5, but I suspect it will take some time to get rid of the algae.

My kids are dying to swim, but I am a bit nervous, but feel it should be OK considering the water is not green at all, not even a tint. Any thoughts on this? Safe?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.