Liner tear

Feb 27, 2015
Grand Rapids MI
We have a tear in our liner near the top of the border. It is out of the water. Wondering what I can do about it so it doesn't get any bigger. Anyone have any suggestions? Will a patch kit work?

We'll be closing the pool near the third week in September and wanted to get this fixed before the winter.

Here's a picture of it. image.jpg

Replace either before the end of this season or beginning of next. I would see if you can get it done now actually; you can probably get a good deal for the end of the season. If not, I agree with the other two people who commented--patch and replace next year.

Thanks for the replies.

Spoke with a pool store today and they gave me a quick on the phone quote of $4,000 to $4,500. We have roughly a 20ft by 40ft freeform figure eight pool. Depth of 6 feet in the deep end.

Does this quote seem low, good, or high? I'm going to call around to a few other places as well. He said in order for them to measure and get the exact quote we'd have to put half down to begin with. Does that sound normal?

He also recommended doing it yet this season as they are getting booked for new pool builds next year already.

Any thoughts or help is much appreciated. Also, any other thoughts on if I'm jumping the gun would be helpful. I don't want to rush into this, but I also don't want to have a problem when we open next year or midway though if we can avoid it.

Ok thanks. My bigger concern here is if the liner will continue to rip.

I talked to a pool service guy today and he recommended patching it once with a liner patch. And then patching it with another liner patch layer that is 1 inch bigger all around. Any thoughts on this?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.