I bought a home with an indoor pool. It was hooked up with salt water which was rusting everything out. I had the salt system turned off to switch to chlorine. My chlorine level was above 20 and my PH was 8.6. We wasted the pool twice and refilled with no luck. I then (advice from the pool store) added a total of 5 gallons of muratic acid in doses and the ph got too low (6.7). So she had me add a PH increaser and non chlorine shock. My chlorine level was still at 19. I'm taking more water to test tomorrow but any ideas or help!!! It itches your skin and burns eyes badly.