New Pool Owner

Hokdo

Sep 4, 2016
Fort Worth, Tx.
2 days in to finally owning a pool. We have a wet edge plaster(midnight breeze primera stone) the the pool school gentleman said we need to keep our alkalinity really low for 5-7 to help it cure correctly. It's 40 with what he did Friday to start it up and the Ph is really low now as well. Should I be concerned this early in?

He also said we can just add a pound of shock into the skimmer after a long day of swimming for sanitation and chlorination sake. My chlorine levels have been good but I read you shouldn't put shock in the skimmers. Any advice here as well?

Welcome to TFP!

First, follow the pb/installer instructions
Second follow the mfg instructions here, Wet Edge | Warranty, and register
Third, read this, Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Then we can fill in the blanks. The first 30 days is very important to the life of your plaster and your warranty. Follow the Wet Edge directions and ask questions if you need to.

We don't recommend putting anything in the skimmer. More here on pool chems, what they do and how to add them to your pool, Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.