2 days in to finally owning a pool. We have a wet edge plaster(midnight breeze primera stone) the the pool school gentleman said we need to keep our alkalinity really low for 5-7 to help it cure correctly. It's 40 with what he did Friday to start it up and the Ph is really low now as well. Should I be concerned this early in?
He also said we can just add a pound of shock into the skimmer after a long day of swimming for sanitation and chlorination sake. My chlorine levels have been good but I read you shouldn't put shock in the skimmers. Any advice here as well?